PolarChess

Archive of the old Parsimony forum. Some messages couldn't be restored. Limitations: Search for authors does not work, Parsimony specific formats do not work, threaded view does not work properly. Posting is disabled.

PolarChess

Postby Odd Gunnar Malin » 26 Nov 2001, 00:34

Geschrieben von: / Posted by: Odd Gunnar Malin at 26 November 2001 00:34:27:
Hello all Winboarders!
I'm feel a little pity for you all that have to struggle with all my betas so I desided to release the latest version as version 1.0 (instead of beta 011126).
I did some tests today and had no crashes or unexpected loss on time so I hope this version would run flawless on your system.
Odd Gunnar

Download PolarChess 1.0
Odd Gunnar Malin

Au....

Postby Odd Gunnar Malin » 26 Nov 2001, 09:44

Geschrieben von: / Posted by: Odd Gunnar Malin at 26 November 2001 09:44:39:
Als Antwort auf: / As an answer to: PolarChess geschrieben von: / posted by: Odd Gunnar Malin at 26 November 2001 00:34:27:
Hello all Winboarders!
I'm feel a little pity for you all that have to struggle with all my betas so I desided to release the latest version as version 1.0 (instead of beta 011126).
I did some tests today and had no crashes or unexpected loss on time so I hope this version would run flawless on your system.
Odd Gunnar
I had left over some debug stuff. New file is uploaded.
For they who allready has downloaded it you can download the changed exe file PolarEngine.zip (160Kb).
Odd Gunnar
Odd Gunnar Malin

Au....

Postby Odd Gunnar Malin » 26 Nov 2001, 09:44

Geschrieben von: / Posted by: Odd Gunnar Malin at 26 November 2001 09:44:41:
Als Antwort auf: / As an answer to: PolarChess geschrieben von: / posted by: Odd Gunnar Malin at 26 November 2001 00:34:27:
Hello all Winboarders!
Odd Gunnar
I had left over some debug stuff. New file is uploaded.
For they who allready has downloaded it you can download the changed exe file PolarEngine.zip (160Kb).
Odd Gunnar
Odd Gunnar Malin

Re: PolarChess

Postby Herley Muehlenbruch Guim » 26 Nov 2001, 20:39

Geschrieben von: / Posted by: Herley Muehlenbruch Guimaraes at 26 November 2001 20:39:59:
Hello all Winboarders!
Odd Gunnar
Hi,

in the default configuration Polar will use the books correctly? Seems to me that my used version is going out of book too fast...
Regards...
Herley Muehlenbruch Guim

Postby Odd Gunnar Malin » 26 Nov 2001, 21:32

Geschrieben von: / Posted by: Odd Gunnar Malin at 26 November 2001 21:32:25:
Als Antwort auf: / As an answer to: Re: PolarChess geschrieben von: / posted by: Herley Muehlenbruch Guimaraes at 26 November 2001 20:39:59:
Hello all Winboarders!
Odd Gunnar
Hi,

in the default configuration Polar will use the books correctly? Seems to me that my used version is going out of book too fast...
Regards...
Hmmm. Is it back to not reading PolarEngine.ini under Win9x.
Could you try to load the book at commandline.
winboard:
"PolarEngine book=GMBook.book bookstyle=strong" /fd "disk:\path\"
Also a sample game would be fine.
Odd Gunnar
Odd Gunnar Malin

Postby Günther Simon » 26 Nov 2001, 21:59

Geschrieben von: / Posted by: Günther Simon at 26 November 2001 21:59:05:
Als Antwort auf: / As an answer to: Re: PolarChess geschrieben von: / posted by: Odd Gunnar Malin at 26 November 2001 21:32:25:
Hello all Winboarders!
Odd Gunnar
Hi,

Regards...
Hmmm. Is it back to not reading PolarEngine.ini under Win9x.
Could you try to load the book at commandline.
winboard:
"PolarEngine book=GMBook.book bookstyle=strong" /fd "disk:\path\"
Also a sample game would be fine.
Odd Gunnar

Here it works since you spot the bug! I suppose he uses one of the
elder versions? Or perhaps there is also a Win3.1X bug hidden ;-))
Günther
Günther Simon

Return to Archive (Old Parsimony Forum)