Bug-fixed Baron + new opening book

Archive of the old Parsimony forum. Some messages couldn't be restored. Limitations: Search for authors does not work, Parsimony specific formats do not work, threaded view does not work properly. Posting is disabled.

Bug-fixed Baron + new opening book

Postby Richard Pijl » 31 Jan 2002, 19:59

Geschrieben von: / Posted by: Richard Pijl at 31 January 2002 19:59:45:
Hi,
Leo Dijksman reported time problems in Baron 0.26. These were ponder related, so anyone using the Baron should download the corrected version 0.26a. As this is the only thing that is changed, all others can save their bandwith for the new Baron opening book that is now also available. Thanks to Carlos Pesce!
All can be downloaded from the Baron's Lair
Bye,
Richard.

The Baron's Lair
Richard Pijl

Re: Bug-fixed Baron + new opening book

Postby Roger Brown » 02 Feb 2002, 01:49

Geschrieben von: / Posted by: Roger Brown at 02 February 2002 01:49:50:
Als Antwort auf: / As an answer to: Bug-fixed Baron + new opening book geschrieben von: / posted by: Richard Pijl at 31 January 2002 19:59:45:
Hi,
Leo Dijksman reported time problems in Baron 0.26. These were ponder related, so anyone using the Baron should download the corrected version 0.26a. As this is the only thing that is changed, all others can save their bandwith for the new Baron opening book that is now also available. Thanks to Carlos Pesce!
All can be downloaded from the Baron's Lair
Bye,
Richard.
Hello Richard Pijl,
I have a tiny question. You tested your engine with the Chessbase gui. I am having a problem starting a new game with Baron 26a. I try the usual tactic of loading Fritz and re-loading Baron but then I get a load error.
Subsequently Baron's clock is ticking and it is returning no moves.
My ini file is copied below. Can you tell me where I am going wrong? Please!!
I like Baron quite a bit you might guess......

hash 33000
shash 13000
tbpath C:\TB
cache 4096
end
Roger Brown

Postby Roger Brown » 02 Feb 2002, 02:29

Geschrieben von: / Posted by: Roger Brown at 02 February 2002 02:29:37:
Als Antwort auf: / As an answer to: Re: Bug-fixed Baron + new opening book geschrieben von: / posted by: Roger Brown at 02 February 2002 01:49:50:

The smiling, shamefaced guy is me. I do not understand it. I quit Fritz and restarted it and Baron 26a is starting game after game and whipping my posterior regions with ease.
Hey, haven't you ever experienced a malfunctioning piece of equipment working smoothly at the mechanic only to terrorise you on the way home? Sigh. I am happy to report that Baron 26a and book are functioning smoothly under the Chessbase gui..
It's a conspiracy I tell ya..... :)
Roger Brown

Postby Roger Brown » 02 Feb 2002, 02:44

Geschrieben von: / Posted by: Roger Brown at 02 February 2002 02:44:50:
Als Antwort auf: / As an answer to: Re: Bug-fixed Baron + new opening book geschrieben von: / posted by: Roger Brown at 02 February 2002 02:29:37:

The smiling, shamefaced guy is me. I do not understand it. I quit Fritz and restarted it and Baron 26a is starting game after game and whipping my posterior regions with ease.
Hey, haven't you ever experienced a malfunctioning piece of equipment working smoothly at the mechanic only to terrorise you on the way home? Sigh. I am happy to report that Baron 26a and book are functioning smoothly under the Chessbase gui..

Nope, just a false alarm. The engine I was using all along was Fritz, not Baron. That only explains the smoothness and efficiency of the engine, not the results (losses by me, the original patzer). I just noticed the logo. Yipes, now the entire WB community will think I am crazy....which is not too far from the truth but has nothing to do with the truthfulness of my testimony.
Is anyone else experiencing hanging with Baron 26a? Please help!! No more posts by me on this topic unless it is to thank someone for helping. Arghhh.
Where is that book on basket weaving?
Later.
Roger Brown

Postby Richard Pijl » 03 Feb 2002, 22:56

Geschrieben von: / Posted by: Richard Pijl at 03 February 2002 22:56:25:
Als Antwort auf: / As an answer to: Re: Bug-fixed Baron + new opening book geschrieben von: / posted by: Roger Brown at 02 February 2002 02:44:50:

Nope, just a false alarm. The engine I was using all along was Fritz, not Baron. That only explains the smoothness and efficiency of the engine, not the results (losses by me, the original patzer). I just noticed the logo. Yipes, now the entire WB community will think I am crazy....which is not too far from the truth but has nothing to do with the truthfulness of my testimony.
Is anyone else experiencing hanging with Baron 26a? Please help!! No more posts by me on this topic unless it is to thank someone for helping. Arghhh.
Where is that book on basket weaving?
Later.
I start working on it. If anyone experiences the same problems I would appreciate a winboard.debug file.
Bye,
Richard.

The Baron's Lair
Richard Pijl

Return to Archive (Old Parsimony Forum)