Dorky 3.48

Archive of the old Parsimony forum. Some messages couldn't be restored. Limitations: Search for authors does not work, Parsimony specific formats do not work, threaded view does not work properly. Posting is disabled.

Dorky 3.48

Postby Matt McKnight » 25 Sep 2003, 02:01

Geschrieben von: / Posted by: Matt McKnight at 25 September 2003 03:01:27:

Dorky 3.48 released
This version has a simple fix for a huge bug. George Lyapko discovered that Dorky blundered in a certain position. I was glad that I could reproduce the failure (not a hash table problem). Finding the problem took 20 minutes, and in the process I found something else interesting. Check out the release notes if you'd like.
Anyway, as I always do, I matched the new version with the old one, and here are the results after 5 games:
Ver. Games Score
--------------------------------
Dorky 3.48 1 1 1 = = 4.0
Dorky 3.47 0 0 0 = = 1.0

Download at:

Dorky Chess
Matt McKnight

Re: Dorky 3.48

Postby Tom Likens » 25 Sep 2003, 03:04

Geschrieben von: / Posted by: Tom Likens at 25 September 2003 04:04:14:
Als Antwort auf: / In reply to: Dorky 3.48 geschrieben von: / posted by: Matt McKnight at 25 September 2003 03:01:27:
Dorky 3.48 released
This version has a simple fix for a huge bug. George Lyapko discovered that Dorky blundered in a certain position. I was glad that I could reproduce the failure (not a hash table problem). Finding the problem took 20 minutes, and in the process I found something else interesting. Check out the release notes if you'd like.
Anyway, as I always do, I matched the new version with the old one, and here are the results after 5 games:
Ver. Games Score
Dorky 3.48 1 1 1 = = 4.0
Dorky 3.47 0 0 0 = = 1.0

Download at:

Aaarrrggghh, some of us don't want a stronger Dorky
My program has its hands more than full enough with the old version!!
--tom
P.S. Just kidding of course, keep 'em coming.
Tom Likens

Re: Dorky 3.48

Postby Will Singleton » 25 Sep 2003, 05:49

Geschrieben von: / Posted by: Will Singleton at 25 September 2003 06:49:35:
Als Antwort auf: / In reply to: Dorky 3.48 geschrieben von: / posted by: Matt McKnight at 25 September 2003 03:01:27:
Dorky 3.48 released
Ver. Games Score
Dorky 3.48 1 1 1 = = 4.0
Dorky 3.47 0 0 0 = = 1.0

Download at:
I was a bit sceptical about your comma compiler error. So I tried it in my own code; I replaced a semi-colon with a comma (after an else statement). Lo and behold, it compiled without error! What the heck. I don't know if the code compiled correctly, but that sure seems weird.
Will
Will Singleton

comma in code

Postby Matt McKnight » 25 Sep 2003, 06:05

Geschrieben von: / Posted by: Matt McKnight at 25 September 2003 07:05:57:
Als Antwort auf: / In reply to: Re: Dorky 3.48 geschrieben von: / posted by: Will Singleton at 25 September 2003 06:49:35:

Dann Corbit emailed me shortly after I discovered that the comma is a valid operator, and creates a "sequence point".
Check out this MSDN link
Matt

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/defau ... tor_27.asp
Matt McKnight

Return to Archive (Old Parsimony Forum)