* It prints a PV of more than 1 move. (Through the trianguar-array method; hash hits still cut it short.)
* It supports multi-PV mode: in the Engine Settings menu you can select a multi-PV margin to determine how close a move has to be to the best for its PV to be printed.
* It can be configured to have Pawns promote on the 6th rank, rather than the 8th. (To allow supporting Makruk.)
* It allows castling with any piece type, rather than just Rook. (Needed when the pieces in the corners are not all the same type.)
* It supports e1-b1 castling.
* Makruk (Thai Chess) is added to the pre-defined variants.
* The fantasy setup of variant fairy is changed to a setup from "Chess with Different Armies" (FIDE vs. Color-bound Clobberers).
* Some bugs in the printing of result claims by ShaMax (caused by improper merging of the Fairy-Max and ShaMax source) were fixed.
A new binary package for Windows (including sources) can be downloaded from http://home.hccnet.nl/h.g.muller/fairy.zip .
For intslalling from source in Linux there is a source tar ball at http://home.hccnet.nl/h.g.muller/fairymax.tar.gz . There is no binary Debian package for this version yet; to install from source the commands
sudo make install